The year 2018 has been the most anticipated year for the smartphones. Smartphone companies such as samsung, Huawei honor, Xiaomi , Oppo etc got a number of end to end users in this anticipating year. But, the fact that got them users for their android devices were the Chipset provided by them. Yes, either you say the new Snapdragon 636 , or The snapdragon 660 chipset on a budget-oriented device or the Mediatek Helio P60. Well, with this mere fact the Qualcomm came with their Latest and promisingly high performing chipset The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 – AI chipset!!!!
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 made it’s entry close to the ending of the year 2018 .This newly launched 7nm chip has a great competition with other tech giants like Apple’s Bionic chip and Huawei’s Kirin chip.
Furthermore, the main components inside the actual chip are comprised of the new Kryo 485 CPU and Adreno 640 GPU, likewise the Hexagon 690 processor for handling AI and machine learning duties, and the Spectra 380 ISP (image signal processor) which is therefore responsible for much of the chip’s photo and video capturing abilities.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 majors in many features and specifications in contrast to the older Snapdragon 845. So here’s the list of some major features:
1. The 5G enabled chipset
The among all major update or a new feature one can say could be this; The 5G networking added to 855. The Snapdragon 855 supports 5G using external Snapdragon X50 modem ( this modem supports a speed of 6 gbps).
Regardless, the fact that Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 phones without 5G will also be existing. The chipset furthermore spots Multi-gigabit 5G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi. With a Support for mmWave and sub-6 GHz , and Upto 20x sustained performance leap compared to 4G.
2. Power proportional to Performance
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 is fueled by new design upgrades and driving 7nm process innovation, a big jump in CPU smartphone execution, and a Qualcomm Hexagon Processor that is reason worked for AI. This stage packs unfathomable execution and power productivity for the following echelon of 5G, AI and XR – consequently giving what makes a difference most: insane battery life.
Qualcomm Kryo 485 CPU also provides a 45% uplift in performance. Continuous 4K HDR capture which is certainly by a 30% improvement in energy efficiency .Finally, Qualcomm Hexagon 690 DSP featuring 2x Vector accelerator increase in performance and a new Tensor accelerator.
3. The New AI Touch
As, the AI (Artificial Intelligence) Mechanism has been deliberately seen often in this year. Rather, it would be AI based camera , audio or processor itself. So, The Snapdragon 855 got a new AI touch to it. It also got the 4th generation on-device AI engine which supports an ultimate personal assistant for camera, voice, XR and gaming – delivering smarter, faster and more secure experiences.
Utilizing all cores, it packs 3 times the power of its predecessor for stellar on-device AI capabilities.Similarly, The Hexagon 690 DSP on Snapdragon 855 adds a new ‘Tensor Xccelerator’, which will act as a dedicated Machine Learning inferencing engine.
The Tensor unit is capable of working independently to process AI loads and hence makes SD 855 the first Qualcomm chipset with a dedicated AI engine.
4. Enhanced Graphics and Camera
Although, the AI and performance was boosted The graphics section is too full of advancements .First true HDR gaming on mobile, providing over 1 billion shades of color. Qualcomm Adreno 640 GPU delivers up to 20% faster graphics rendering.Furthermore, the Qualcomm aptX Adaptive and Qualcomm Aqstic deliver a smooth, crystal-clear audio experience.
Unlike Snapdragon 845, the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 also supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision formats. There is also support for 120fps gaming and 8K-360 degree videos.
Here’s a video for a better understanding:
credit : geekyranjit(youtube)
Finally, below mentioned are the detailed specs for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855.
Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence Engine
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 has the following included in it’s core hardware.
• Hexagon 690 Processor
• Adreno 640 GPU
• Hexagon Voice Assistant
• All-Ways Aware Hub
• Hexagon Vector Accelerator
• Kryo 485 CPU
As mentioned above, the most noteworthy feature that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 spots is the 5G Network upgrade. As a result , it is finally the 5G stage introduced:
• Snapdragon 855 has a X50 5G Modem
• Supported Technologies: 5G NR
• Support for sub-6 GHz and mmWave
• Supported Spectrum:
• mmWave: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO
• Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
Coming to the camera Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset has likewise upgraded the camera experience and hence it too outshines, here’s the features.
• Qualcomm Spectra 380 Image Sensor Processor
• Dual 14-bit ISPs
• Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP)
• Up to 22 MP dual camera
• Up to 48 MP single camera
• Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture
• Up to 10-bit color depth video capture
• Slow motion video capture at 720p HDR,480fps
• HEIF photo capture, HEVC video capture
• Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG
• 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode (Bokeh)
• Finally , Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR)
As on the display side SD 855 likewise kept it’s focus on the 4K experience here.
• Maximum On-Device Display Support: Up to 4K HDR
• Maximum External Display Support: Up to two 4K HDR displays
• 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut
• 8x Qualcomm Kryo 485
• Up to 2.84 GHz
• 64-bit Architecture
• 7nm Process Technology
Furthermore , the HDR featured specifications having a similar weightage in terms of upgradation and hence has improved.
• Adreno 640 GPU
• HDR gaming (10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut)
• Physically Based Rendering
• HDR Playback Codec support for HDR10+,HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision
• Volumetric VR video playback
• 8K 360 VR video playback
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 also spots the security upgrade as mentioned
• Secure Processing Unit featuring mobile payments and Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor
• Biometric Authentication: Fingerprint, Iris, Voice,Face
• Bluetooth Version: 5.0
• Bluetooth Speed: 2 Mbps
• Near Field Communications (NFC): Supported
• USB Version 3.1; USB Type-C Support
• Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin