Finally Samsung has officially launched the 9th Note of the Galaxy series.
Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy Note 9 following months of leaks of rumors, many of which were on the money.
The new device sits alongside the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ in the company’s smartphone range, differentiating itself with the new and improved Bluetooth-enabled S Pen.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is priced at Rs 67,900 for the 6GB RAM+128GB storage version while the 8GB RAM and 512GB storage variant costs Rs 84,900.
Here are the specifications and Features of The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 2018 India:
– The galaxy note 9 comes with a dimension 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm , with a weight of 201 g. It has a build of Gorilla Glass 5 protection and a aluminium frame. IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins) also backs the device.
– The display comes with Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with a screen size of 6.4 inches and a 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density) Resolution and a Protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with a addition of always-on display.
Software and Memory
The note 9 features the latest Android version , Android 8.1 (Oreo) and comes with a powerful Exynos 9810 Octa Chipset which is a octa core processor at a clock speed 4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 and the GPU it supports is Mali-G72 MP18.
It will come in two variants 6/8 GB RAM & 128/512 GB ROM and supports microSD up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only.
It comes with a dual camera at rear, the first lens spots 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS while the other one spots 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom. The dual camera also features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama and video configs 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec .
While the Front camera spots 8 MP, f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF also features Dual video call, Auto-HDR and video config with 1440p@30fps.
Battery and Sound
The Galaxy Note 9 packs with a Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Coming to sound, it has a 3.5mm headphone jack and Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic and have stereo speakers.
- Sensors : Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth : 5.0
- GPS : YES
- NFC : YES
- Radio : NO
- USB : 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector.
What about the new S Pen?
With the Galaxy S9+ being essentially the same phone as the Note 9, it’s in the S Pen that the difference needed to lie between these devices.
The new S Pen is now Bluetooth-enabled, allowing the button to be used for other jobs, such as music playback, launching the camera or controlling long-range self-timer.
Here’s some of what you can do with the new S Pen:
- Launch an app: The camera is selected by default, but from within the S Pen remote settings, you can select any app that you want to launch from the S Pen button with a quick press-and-hold action.
- Take photos: Once you launch the camera, you can press the S Pen button again to capture a photo. If you press the button twice, you can seamlessly move between the phone’s front and rear cameras.
- View photos: When the gallery is open, you can use single or double press on the S Pen to toggle between the image or previous image.
- Record your voice: You can use the S Pen to record/pause a voice recording when the voice recorder app open.
- Control your music: You can play, pause, or skip music with button presses on the S Pen. It’s unclear if this supports third-party apps.
- Control YouTube: If you’re watching a YouTube video, you can use S Pen button to play, pause, or skip videos.
Here’s the unboxing video for The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 :